Enter the DragonChain (DRGN)

Hello all. Here we are today entering the DragonCoin. Yes, just like its name tells how strong platform it has being a competitor to Ethereum. Originating from Disney’s Seattle office, DragonChain is a Blockchain-based company and ecosystem originally developed by Disney in 2014. The project started as the “Disney Private Blockchain Platform” and was later released as open-source software in 2016.

What is DragonChain’s work?

The purpose of DragonChain is to help companies quickly and easily incorporate blockchain into their business applications. This will help businesses to build their own smart contracts (on the DragonChain platform) using common programming languages.

For an overview its whitepaper explains attributes of this ecosystem:

  • Serverless system and smart contracts
  • Established language support for smart contracts (Java, Python, Node, C#, Go, etc.)
  • Scalable – Amazon AWS and Google deployments
  • Secure – Protection of business data and operations
  • Advanced currency implementations
  • Smart contract libraries
  • Currency Agnostic

These properties work in combination to deliver lower development costs, faster speed to market for company projects, higher scalability for those projects, and significantly heightened levels of security.

How does DragonChain work?

Here is a short video that will help you with the working of the DragonChain.

Token Distribution

Total Supply: 433,494,437 DRGN

Circulating Supply: 238,421,940 DRGN

The DRGN coin was offered on October 2nd, 2017 at .0663 USD at the ICO and surpassed $4 by January of 2018.

Public tokens make up 55% of the total tokens with the remaining 45% distributed accordingly:

 

Editor’s thoughts:-

DragonChain’s platform is establishing a niche in the crypto world with its layered security feature. 2018 is the year of Dragonchain’s commercial, serverless platform and incubator rollout, along with a smart contracts library and APIs, and commercialized marketplace.

Additionally, DragonChain is seen as a strong rival to Ethereum because of the platform’s ability to scale; an issue that Ethereum has been notorious for. From a financial standpoint, if DragonChain is to rival Ethereum, then there is plenty of room for growth in the DRGN Market Cap.

As of January 2018, the DragonChain team is raising funds and finishing development of the platform. Although the exact date is currently unannounced, the DRGN platform is expected to fully launch sometime this year.